Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Need to vent and clarify

Tyrel is a hard worker. I wouldn't have it any other way. He works long and late hours and it is hard for me to sit at home at take care of our children by myself all the time. It is hard for me to see him working out there alone because everone else has gone home. I get angry. It is hard when our kids are asking when daddy will be home and I have to tell them it will be very late and they probably won't see him until the next morning. We rarely see him. Pretty much from planting grain in the spring to working fields in the fall, I am a single mom. It is frustrating and I feel defeated a lot. Why am I telling you this? I don't know. The last couple weeks have brought me to a breaking point. I don't know why. Maybe it's the mono I am dealing with and the pure exhaustion. That is my venting. Now my clarification. I can deal with Tyrel working late hours but I can't deal with him doing it alone, knowing that he is out in the shop by himself late at night trying to equipment ready and everything else. That's what I can't deal with. People say he is crazy and doesn't need to work those late hours, it will get done. Here is the plain and simple fact: even with him working late hours, stuff STILL was not ready for spud harvest. So tell me how it would get done if he didn't stay late.
I am going to end this with saying that I am grateful for him being such a hardworker. When times get to be the hardest, I think about military families with spouses overseas or other single moms who are truly single moms. In reality, I have it pretty good with nothing to complain about but sometimes the weight of everything becomes to much to bear. That is why I vent.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you're tired, overwhelmed, and frustrated. I started feeling that way last week when Randall was gone all week long- Sunday night til Saturday night. Then, just as you did, I realized how many men I knew that were leaving with the 116th and the wives and children they were leaving behind, I decided to make a real effort not to feel so sorry for myself. Yes, I have a husband who is very busy in the fall and gone A LOT, but he's not gone for an entire year! It makes things a little more bearable. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out while our husbands are away! Love ya! Give Abby and Jaiden a hug from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice I feel the EXACT same way as you. Robert ends up working really late and long hours all the time too, usually by himself. It is frustrating and I feel like a single mom most the time also. But we are lucky to still have our husbands with us. So I guess it is nice to know that we aren't alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just proves what I have always said about farming. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle. I only wish consumers would realize that.

    ReplyDelete