Monday, September 21, 2009

And I have yet ANOTHER mouse story.

I really don't enjoy writing about rodents and wish with all my heart that this stuff would quite happening to me but I guess I do live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields. Maybe to someone else this is no big deal but you have to understand people, I REALLY hate mice. On to the story now. I was on my way home from canning peaches and pears at my parents house and I stopped at the mailbox to see if the mail came yet. Well, when I opened the mailbox there was a whole bunch of dead grass in there and I thought "What in the world? It must have been some of Tyrel's punk scouts just being dorks." So I left the lid open hoping the grass would just blow out (there was tuffs of mice fur in it so I didn't want to touch it). The mail came so I walked back over to the mailbox and I as reached for the mail and was just about to scrape out the grass with it, a little mouse peeks its head out of the pile. I, of course, scream and run over to the shop trying to find Tyrel. So there I am in the shop freaking out to Tyrel about the mouse (he is just grinning) and there are tons of people in the shop that probably think I'm crazy. My wonderful husband drops what he is doing to walk over to the mailbox with me and proceeds to catch the mouse and kill it. I am so lucky that I married someone who really enjoys killing mice. lol :)

5 comments:

  1. I can totally imagine the grin on Tyrel's face when you came in freaking out, haha! I would've flipped too. I hate mice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be tramatized for life. Not fun, but a funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's better than my bird story! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice I am glad you dropped me a note add me to your friends list and I would love to keep up. I love the blogs they are great!! I am soo afraid of mice I would have had a heart attack by now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mice totally freak me out, eew! It also kind of freaks me out that Tyrel enjoys killing mice! Good luck surviving spud harvest, tell Tyrel "Hi" for me if you ever see him!

    ReplyDelete