Saturday, February 4, 2012

September 2011

September was pretty uneventful except for Spud Harvest (sorry no pics of that this year..) Oh yeah, and me starting my new business venture.  I decided to start teaching clogging and I just happened to have a very supportive husband who agreed to let me do it.  The problem?   There was no where to teach around here so in August of 2010 (when I had decided to take on this new challenge) I went to Tyrel with the idea of building a garage and using it for a studio.  He agreed (only because he REALLY wanted a garage) but the new problem was that Tyrel didn't want to share his garage with me.... :P  Soooo, he suggested we build a separate studio.  (No arguments from me!!!)  :)
In August of 2011 we ended up with this:
(Yes I took this picture today)

No it didn't take a year to build.  Our contractor was awesome (Fillmore Construction) and they didn't start on it until the middle of June.
This is what it looked like on my birthday (July 7).  They had just put the frame up that day.
The whole thing was finished by the middle of August!  Like I said, Fillmore Construction is awesome!!!  I highly recommend them.

 My studio floor (I did all the painting, Tyrel laid down all the floor)


 The kids playroom.  There is a little more work that can be done but we are kind of too lazy right now...  :)


Bathroom and that second door is where the stairs are to the garage.

I love it.  Yes, I know I'm spoiled.  A better word it blessed.  I am blessed that I have a husband that would support me this much to let me start my own business and build me a studio.  He's pretty much amazing.
My studio is called Camas Creek Clogger and so far it's been really fun.  I have quite a crew of kids I'm teaching. This community has been incredibly supportive also!  Thanks to all of them! 



2 comments:

  1. I love the studio!!! If I lived closer I would totally come see it!! Good luck with everything! So glad you can carry on what Patty started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a LOT bigger than I had pictured in my head! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete